|Supply Chain Excellence: A Handbook for Dramatic Improvement Using the SCOR Model|
|Company:||American Management Association|
|Authors:||Peter Bolstorff and Robert Rosenbaum|
|Publication Date:||Copyright 2003|
|Number of Pages:||272 Pages|
|Summary:||The first resource available presenting the unique SCOR (Supply Chain Operations Reference) model developed by the Supply-Chain Council, Supply Chain Excellence takes you step-by-step through every moment in the supply chain project lifecycle.|
Based on the SCOR Project Roadmap, the book shows how a company can achieve core competency in supply chain improvement by following the proven, widely accepted techniques of the SCC. Including summaries of tasks, key required executive behaviors, graphics, diagrams, and sample deliverables, the book shows you how to:
- Gain Support and build confidence by educating the enterprise about supply chain improvement.
- Optimize enterprise resource planning.
- Conduct relevant competitive analysis to define business opportunities.
- Meet financial commitments and achieve significant return on investment.
- Maximize your use of existing technology.
- Align strategy, material flow, work flow, and information flow to focus on the right changes.
- Implement those changes to achieve sustainable competitive advantage.
From establishing the metrics that will determine the project's level of success to conducting the proper competitive analysis to define business opportunity, this is the one book that provides the official, proven strategies of the Supply-Chain Council, and shows you how to adapt them in your own organization.